OUR ANNUAL CYCLE
Phase I. Membership Recruitment
We recruit members all year round to fund our grants. All women are eligible to become a member of Impact 100 Jersey Coast. Each member makes an annual tax-deductible donation of $1,100. $1,000 is applied directly to the Impact grant fund and $100 is allocated for membership activities, materials and the Community Foundation of NJ (CFNJ) management fee. (Impact JC is a special projects fund under the CFNJ’s 501(c)(3) umbrella.)
Every April we hold the Annual Membership Reception, an exciting evening when the total grant amounts are announced and previous grant recipients present progress updates to all members.
Phase II. Grant Process (April to November)
We seek to fund projects that address unmet needs, reach underserved populations and have a high impact on the beneficiaries. Eligible nonprofit organizations serving the Monmouth Country area apply under one of five focus areas:
- Arts and Culture: Projects/programs that provide artistic or cultural opportunities, increase participation in the arts or provide arts education in our community.
- Children and Families:Projects/programs that support or strengthen the lives of children and families in our community.
- Education:Projects/programs that provide, advance or improve learning opportunities for children and/or adults in our community.
- Health and Wellness:Projects/programs that support or improve the physical and/or mental well-being of people living in our community.
- Sustainability and Environment:Projects/programs that promote a positive, inclusive and sustainable relationship between humans and their environment; including, but not limited to, creating, preserving, revitalizing or providing accessibility to public parks/spaces, facilities, or natural resources; promoting healthy food systems through community/urban gardening or other agricultural activities; protecting or enhancing the welfare of wildlife or domestic animals; or providing sustainability or environmental education in our community.
Member-staffed Focus Area Committees (FACS) review applications, attend site visits, and after a thorough analysis, nominate finalists.
In November we hold the Annual Membership Meeting, an inspirational evening when nonprofits present their projects, members vote, and grant recipients are announced.