Impact 100 Jersey Coast recognizes the time and resources that go into submitting a grant application. With a dual goal of setting up applicants for success in our grant-making process and making responsible investments on behalf of our membership, we strive to be transparent about our evaluation and selection process.
Please see our eligibility guidelines and requirements below to determine whether both your organization and your proposed project/program meet the criteria for a grant from Impact 100 Jersey Coast.
We are looking for projects/programs that:
- Target underserved populations.
- Address an unmet need in our area.
- Will have a high impact on the beneficiaries.
Organizations eligible for an Impact 100 Jersey Coast grant must:
- Be classified as a “public charity” with tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Serve Monmouth County, NJ (headquarters can be located outside of Monmouth County but the proposed project must be located in and benefit Monmouth County).
- Be in operation as a 501(c)(3) for a minimum of 36 months prior to applying for the grant.
- Have an annual organizational operating budget of at least $100,000 in the current and immediately prior fiscal year (annual gross revenue of $100,000 and expenses of at least $100,000) OR are otherwise qualified except for the minimum operating budget and three-year existence, and is interested in applying as a collaboration with a Lead Organization and contributing to the proposed project as a Non-Lead Organization. Only the Lead Organization must have a minimum operating budget of $100,000 and be in operation for at least three years and will have primary responsibility for management/distribution of project funds.
- Possess at least two years of complete financial statements (organizations with revenue of less than $500,000 who do not have independently prepared, reviewed or audited statements must be certified by the organization’s president or other authorized officer. Organizations with revenue over $500,000 must provide audited financials.)
Projects/programs eligible for an Impact 100 Jersey Coast grant must:
- Expend all grant funds to serve and benefit Monmouth County, NJ.
- Use funds for a new or expanded program/collaboration, or to sustain or strengthen an existing program/collaboration (for details on what constitutes a collaboration, please see below).
- Have a total project budget equal to, or greater than, the amount of the grant.
- Plan to expend the full amount of the grant funds within a maximum grant period of 24 months.
- Fit within one of five Focus Areas (Arts and Culture; Children and Families; Education; Health and Wellness; or Sustainability & Environment).
Impact 100 Jersey Coast encourages collaboration between organizations. An eligible collaboration exists when:
- Two or more qualifying 501(c)(3) organizations will share Impact grant funds (in whatever portions required for the project), and share responsibility of managing and/or contributing to the proposed program/project.
- One partner is identified as the lead-serving fiscal agent, completing the grant application and financial managing the grant funds.
- Both organizations must meet the minimum requirements, but only the lead organization must have a minimum operating budget of $100,000 and be in operation for at least three years.
We do not provide funding for:
- Debt reduction or operational deficits
- General operating expenses or overhead (unless a realistic, necessary component of a project budget)
- Endowment funding
- Interim or bridge funding
- Partisan, legislative, or political activity
- Projects of individual churches, synagogues, or other bodies of worship. These projects will not be funded unless a separate tax-exempt entity exists for receiving Impact funds that are not under the umbrella of the entity/ body of worship
- Faith-based projects/programs which require participation in activities of a particular faith, denomination, or religion in order to benefit from the project or program
- Capital improvements or renovations to the property for the grant project where the organization does not own or have at least a five-year lease
Questions About Eligibility
Nonprofits who would like to apply for a grant are asked to follow the steps outlined on our How to Apply page.
As Impact 100 Jersey Coast continues to grow and evolve, we reserve the right to change our eligibility criteria without notice at any time.