Impact 100 Jersey Coast recognizes the time and resources that go into submitting a grant application. With a dual goal of setting up applicants for success in our grant-making process and making responsible investments on behalf of our membership, we strive to be transparent about our evaluation and selection process.
Please see our eligibility guidelines and requirements below to determine whether both your organization and your proposed project/program meet the criteria for a grant from Impact 100 Jersey Coast.
We are looking for projects/programs that:
- Target underserved populations
- Address an unmet need in our area
- Will have a high impact on the beneficiaries
Organizations eligible for an Impact 100 Jersey Coast grant must:
- Be classified as a “public charity” with tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Serve Monmouth County, NJ (headquarters can be located outside of Monmouth County but the proposed project must be located in and benefit Monmouth County).
- Be in operation as a s501(c)(3) for a minimum of 36 months prior to applying for the grant.
- Have had an Annual Operating Budget of at least $100,000 for the prior and current fiscal year. (Note: this includes a minimum of $100,000 in gross revenue as well as a minimum of $100,000 in operating expenses for each fiscal year.) Organizations with a budget of less than $100,000 may still be eligible to apply as part of a collaboration (see below).
- Possess at least two years of complete financial statements (organizations with revenue of less than $500,000 who do not have independently prepared, reviewed or audited statements must be certified by the organization’s president or other authorized officer. Organizations with revenue over $500,000 must provide audited financials.)
Projects/programs eligible for an Impact 100 Jersey Coast grant must:
- Expend all grant funds to serve and benefit Monmouth County, NJ.
- Be a new program, expand upon an existing program, or propose a new or expanded collaboration (see below).
- Have a total project budget equal to the amount of the grant.
- Plan to expend the full amount of the grant within 24 months.
- Fit within one of five Focus Areas (Arts and Culture; Children and Families; Education; Environment, Parks, and Recreation; or Health and Wellness).
Impact 100 Jersey Coast encourages collaboration between organizations. An eligible collaboration exists when:
- Two or more qualifying nonprofit organizations have the responsibility of managing and contributing to a project
- One partner is identified as the lead-serving fiscal agent, completing the grant application and financial managing the grant funds
- Both organizations must meet the minimum requirements, but only the lead organization must have a minimum operating budget of $100,000 and be in operation for at least three years
Impact 100 Jersey Coast will NOT provide grants for:
- Debt reduction or operational deficits
- General operating expenses or overhead
NOTE: Items of an operating or overhead nature may be requested if applicable to the project to be funded by Impact 100 Jersey Coast.
- Grants to individuals
- Endowment funding
NOTE: This includes any type of arrangement whereby funds are held temporarily or in perpetuity and not expended within a 24-month period, and includes replenishment of previously existing endowment funds.
- Interim or bridge funding
NOTE: This includes using Impact 100 Jersey Coast funds as interim financing or in anticipation of financing or of refinancing existing debt, or using Impact 100 Jersey Coast funds until permanent financing or other funding is received.
- Partisan, legislative, or political activity
- Projects of individual churches, synagogues, or other bodies of worship. These projects will not be funded unless a separate tax-exempt entity exists for receiving Impact 100 Jersey Coast funds that is not under the umbrella of the church, synagogue, or other body of worship
- Faith-based projects/programs which require participation in activities of a particular faith, denomination, or religion in order to benefit from the project or program
NOTE: Benefits of the project or program must be available to any person, regardless of religious beliefs or practices, and must not be dependent on any person being required to participate in any religious activity, ceremony, or service.
- Capital improvements or renovations to property for the grant project where the organization does not own or have at least a five-year lease
Questions About Eligibility
As Impact 100 Jersey Coast continues to grow and evolve, we reserve the right to change our eligibility criteria without notice at any time.