How We Operate
Our Annual Cycle
Our objective is to grow a network of at least 100 women to collectively fund at least one grant of $100,000 or more each year for an eligible nonprofit organization.
The Impact 100 Jersey Coast annual cycle operates in two phases:
Phase I. Membership Drive (November to April)
We recruit members for our giving circle to fund our grant. Any woman is eligible to become a member of Impact 100 Jersey Coast.
- $100% member = $1,000 ($1,000 directly funds our grant)
- $110% member = $1,100 ($1,000 directly funds our grant and $100 is allocated to operational expenses)
Phase II. Grant Process (April to November)
We announce the total grant amount in early April and issue a community-wide request for applications from nonprofit organizations serving the Monmouth Country area in five focus areas:
- Arts and Culture
- Children and Families
- Environment, Parks, and Recreation
- Health and Wellness
Member-staffed Focus Area Committees review applications. After a thorough analysis, semifinalists and then finalists are selected.
At the Annual Membership Meeting in mid-November, finalists present, each member casts a single and equal vote for a nonprofit of her choice (in person or by proxy), an independent auditor tallies the votes, and we announce the grant recipient.
Becoming a member of Impact 100 Jersey Coast provides:
- A beautifully simple, hands-on approach to giving that is unique to our area
- A way to learn about the many needs that exist within our community
- An opportunity to connect and collaborate with other socially-conscious women to make a positive impact locally
- The flexibility to determine the level of involvement that best suits your schedule, abilities, and interests
- An avenue for leveraging your time and talents by participating in the grant selection process, membership recruitment, or other volunteer opportunities
Becoming a friend of Impact 100 Jersey Coast provides:
- An avenue for giving back in our region
- A way to support a beautifully simple, hands-on approach to giving that is unique to our area
- A chance to bring awareness to the many unmet needs that exist within our community
- An opportunity to help socially-conscious women to make a positive impact locally
Our Grant Applicants
We look for nonprofit organizations with projects or programs that:
- Target underserved populations
- Highlight unmet needs in our area
- Have a high impact on the beneficiaries
Learn about our eligibility requirements.
Impact 100 Jersey Coast is fortunate to partner with the Community Foundation of New Jersey (CFNJ) and operate as a fund under the auspices of CFNJ, a 501(c)3 public charity. This partnership ensures that all gifts to Impact 100 Jersey Coast are fully tax-deductible and allows us to rely on their administrative and accounting infrastructure. All grant designations are made solely by the membership of Impact 100 Jersey Coast.