Make Your Impact
The guiding principle of Impact 100 Jersey Coast is simple: Every single membership dollar goes directly to our grant recipients. We are able to deliver on this promise and make our impact, thanks to the commitment and generosity of:
- Members, who fund our grant, help offset expenses, and contribute their time and talents
- Friends, who support our operating costs
- Matching gift programs that offer vital operating support
- Our partner, the Community Foundation of New Jersey, which provides administrative and financial oversight that allows us to function with minimal overhead
Make your impact by funding our grant.
Grant funding is at the heart of our initiative. We count on incredible women to join our giving circle to collectively fund our grant. All membership donations are tax deductible.
Make your impact by helping with our operating expenses.
We rely on tax-deductible donations to fund critical operating costs. To help offset these expenses, we depend on:
- 110% members: With a $1,100 donation, $1,000 will fund our grant and $100 will help with operating expenses
- Friends: Committed individuals, businesses, and organizations can donate as friends of Impact 100 Jersey Coast; existing 100% members can go beyond their $1,000 membership donation and make a friendship donation
Double your impact with a matching gift.
Matching funds provide vital operating support to our growing organization. By leveraging matching gift programs, Impact 100 Jersey Coast is able to:
- Maintain its philanthropic intent that 100% of every membership dollar goes directly to fund grants
- Support expenses incurred as the organization continues to expand
- Ensure members are not burdened by constant fundraising, soliciting, and campaigning
- Your employer or your spouse’s employer: Whether you’re a 100% member, a 110% member, or a friend (committed individual), your employer or your spouse’s employer may match your donation.
With more than 65% of Fortune 500 companies and smaller employers offering matching gift programs, the impact can be substantial. In 2011, one Fortune 500 company gave $48.9 million in matching gifts to nonprofit organizations supported by its employees. It is estimated that 6 to 10 billion dollars in matching gift funds go unclaimed each year.
Members, make your impact by volunteering.
As a volunteer-run organization, we depend on the enthusiasm and abilities of our members. Based on your schedule, professional skills, and interests, there is a range of volunteer opportunities for consideration:
Recruit new members. Recommend friends who might be interested in joining as a member, host or encourage a fellow member to host an information session, or provide administrative support for the recruitment process, such as sending invitations or preparing presentation materials. Members should log in to the Members Area for specific recruiting guidance and tools.
Engage current members. Connect with members to help ensure they feel positive about their involvement, enjoy their experience, and consider continuing their membership in years to come.
Lead or join a Focus Area Committee. Review and evaluate submitted grant proposals. Assess applications, select semifinalists, conduct site visits, and select finalists to be voted on by membership. Training provided.
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS TEAM
Raise awareness and support with membership and the public. Spread the word to women in your community by promoting Impact 100 Jersey Coast via email and social media (follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram). Assist with promotion, press, social media, event planning, sponsor outreach, graphic design, or photography.
Help our organization run efficiently. Offer accounting, legal, or technology support. Coordinate our volunteer effort by helping members find roles that match their interests and talents.
We understand that availability varies and ask each member, at minimum, to cast her vote for the grant recipient at the Annual Membership Meeting. Members who are unable to attend may vote by proxy.